General Daytime Hours
General Daytime Admission
Please note that different admission fees may apply to select events including Holidays at the Garden, and more.
Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
6500 South New Hope Rd.
Belmont, NC 28012
Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden is located just west of Charlotte at the N.C./S.C. state line, outside the town of Belmont. The Garden is easily accessible from Interstates 85 and 77. View on Google Maps >
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have wheelchairs or strollers available?
Wheel chairs and strollers are not available for rent, although the Garden is stroller/handicap accessible. Benches are located throughout the Garden.
Are pets allowed?
Animals are not allowed unless they are service animals with a vest and/or papers.
What if it rains?
The Garden is open rain or shine. Refunds or rain checks on admission ticket purchases are not granted for weather related reasons. In the event of extreme weather including snow or a bad storm the Garden may close. Please call 704-825-4490 prior to your visit.
Can we bring in outside food and beverages?
Picnics and coolers are welcome anywhere on the property, but please no alcoholic carry-ins or grills. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis on the terrace or at picnic tables.
Do you have a restaurant on site?
No, but drinks, snacks, wraps and salads are available in The Garden Store for purchase. The Garden typically hosts food trucks for special events, but please inquire for more details.
Can I bring art supplies?
Yes, the Garden encourages creativity!
Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden allows photography in its gardens and facilities under specific guidelines which are established to protect experiences of casual visitors, to preserve the integrity of the Garden as a pre-eminent location for bridal and other formal portraits and to protect the Garden’s image. Fees paid to the Garden for sessions below support the mission of Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden.
- The Garden will permit guests to take photos and videos with cell phones, handheld cameras, including video cameras, at any time for personal use. The Garden encourages guests to post their photos on social media and participate in photo competitions, too.
- The sale of photos and videos taken at the Garden without express written consent of the Garden is strictly prohibited.
- The use of professional-grade camera equipment, including light stands, rolling equipment bags, bounce cards, stools, apple boxes, props or other similar items is strictly prohibited without express permission. The Garden may allow tripods and monopods during lower visitation periods or in lower traffic areas.
- Selfie sticks are permitted.
- Restrooms cannot be used as dressing rooms.
- The Garden allows posed photography sessions during select times. Click here to learn more or contact the private events department at (704) 829-1268 for details.
- The Garden also offers several special photo packages
- The Garden will permit promotional and commercial photo and video shoots with prior arrangements. These shoots will require compensation to the Garden and must be scheduled by calling the marketing department at (704) 829-1259.
- All Garden guests grant their permission to Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden to utilize their image, likeness and/or voice in photos and videos for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity throughout the universe.