One of the great strengths of the Garden is our vital corps of volunteers who provide assistance in virtually every area of the Garden. From horticulture to special events to educational tours, our volunteers are crucial to our operations ensuring every guest has a wonderful experience.
Volunteering at the Garden provides an opportunity to meet people with similar interests and give the community the gift of your time. The Garden is always looking for new volunteers to join the team. The Garden’s Volunteer Coordinator can also help you plan a corporate volunteering event for your organization or company.
How to become a Garden volunteer:
- CLICK HERE to check out our list of available opportunities.
- CLICK HERE to fill out a Volunteer Application Form!
- Attend an upcoming volunteer orientation. The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you after receiving your application to set up your orientation attendance.
- To ensure the safety of all of our visitors, volunteers, and staff, all adult volunteers will be asked to complete a background check after orientation. DSBG will cover the costs associated with this process.
Volunteer as a Group:
Have a group that is interested in volunteering? We’d love to have you join us. Please email email@example.com to register your group today!
- Discounted rate on programs and classes.
- Garden Store discounts with special volunteer promotions along with additional discount opportunities throughout the year.
- A 20% discount on Garden memberships or a free membership by meeting service hour requirements.
- Invitation to Volunteer Only Events including Bird Walks, Horticulture 101 and more.
- Additional benefits after 50, 75, 100 and 150 hours of service at the Garden!
Every Week is Volunteer Appreciation Week at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
A heartfelt THANK YOU to all of our current volunteers and to all of those considering joining us in our mission.
A message about volunteering from some of our volunteers and staff members...
Video credit: Lili Stapel, WCU Communications Major and DSBG Volunteer