Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden offers need-based scholarships to Title 1 schools within Gaston, York and Mecklenburg counties as a means of opportunity for students to discover and explore in a place-based learning environment.
School Program Scholarships
- Please choose from one of our 14 Guided School Programs (additional chaperone admission cannot be applied towards scholarship) in order to best supplement your classroom curriculum.
- Scholarships are available first-come, first-served; based on availability of funds.
- Scholarships are designed to cover the cost of the program, transportation and lunch (cost limitations apply). Bus and lunch scheduling are the responsibility of the school.
- Limit 3 classes per school per funding cycle. A class consists of 25-30 students with 3 school personnel and our funding cycle is semi-annual.
- Programming cannot be substituted with lunches.
To learn more about the Garden's scholarship program for school visits and to apply, contact our Education Team at (704) 829-1289.
The application must be received at least three weeks before preferred program dates. Teachers may choose any date throughout the year EXCEPT during the months of April and May.