Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden allows photography in its gardens and facilities under specific guidelines which are established to protect experiences of casual visitors, to preserve the integrity of the Garden as a pre-eminent location for bridal and other formal portraits and to protect the Garden’s image. Fees paid to the Garden for sessions below support the mission of Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden.
- The Garden will permit guests to take photos and videos with cell phones, handheld cameras, including video cameras, at any time for personal use. The Garden encourages guests to post their photos on social media and participate in photo competitions, too.
- The sale of photos and videos taken at the Garden without express written consent of the Garden is strictly prohibited.
- The use of professional-grade camera equipment, including light stands, rolling equipment bags, bounce cards, stools, apple boxes, props or other similar items is strictly prohibited without express permission. The Garden may allow tripods and monopods during lower visitation periods or in lower traffic areas.
- Selfie sticks are permitted.
- Drones are prohibited without prior approval.
- Restrooms cannot be used as dressing rooms.
- The Garden allows posed photography sessions during select times. Click here to learn more or contact the private events department at (704) 829-1268 for details.
- The Garden also offers several special photo packages
- The Garden will permit promotional and commercial photo and video shoots with prior arrangements. These shoots will require compensation to the Garden and must be scheduled by calling the marketing department at (704) 829-1259.
- All Garden guests grant their permission to Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden to utilize their image, likeness and/or voice in photos and videos for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity throughout the universe.